"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Hi! I'm Viev. This is my blog.
(I think it deserves to be said that 98% of my posts are links. Always to music. Usually what I'm listening to while writing, and/or what should be listened to while reading. Click away.)
Perspective is the answer to the question. The question is:
"Who are you?"
Perhaps this has been bubbling in my mind for months now, but a silent identity crises can rage on quietly within my subconscious without me knowing about it if I don’t think about it hard enough. But if that’s true, it really does lend itself to the question. I concluded, originally, that the answer to the question was that you are simply who you are at any given time, that all walls and limits, preconceptions were entirely irrelevant as they could be counteracted at any time by any person including that person themselves. But it’s not really that simple, not only because that doesn’t answer the question of “what defines you” only the “when”.
It’s perspective that defines you. It’s information, priorities based on information, decision making based on information, ideas, philosophies, beliefs, dreams based on information and perspective on that information that makes you who you are. The kind of person who is going to conquer their goals and subsequently the world is the kind of person who keeps a keen eye upon what is happening, what has happened, what is likely to happen, why for all of those things, and plan accordingly using realistic and, frankly, unrealistic expectations for all of these things.
Question everything, see everything, etc. Of course,
In my head, I already knew this, I just wasn’t looking at it.
Moar Ghosts N' Stuff (Hard Intro Mix)
- 1: what do you care about?
- 2: a few things
- living space
- 1: You know something my dad once told me?
- One of the few pieces of wisdom I truly agreed with, front to back.
- 2: no, what is it?
- 1: He said, life is a book.
- Every thing you do in that life is a little page.
- With it's own little sentence, paragraph, story.
- And that life is all about filling those pages.
- Assuming you skip all the parts that are the same
- how big will your book be at the end of your life?
- 2: I like that
- 1: I care about new things. Life is the same as change, I think. And change brings new things into the book.
- 2: :)